It’s officially fall season, or as some like to call it, pumpkin season! You’ve probably heard of pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin pie...but have you ever heard of Açaí Pumpkin Brownie Muffins? That’s right! We’re here to share a brand new gluten-free and vegan dessert recipe with you made using our Sambazon Original Açaí Juice and some other tasty fall ingredients. Keep reading to learn more about this homemade recipe!
We’ve noticed that you love all the healthy dessert recipes that we’ve shared throughout the summer, so we were inspired to bring the fun into the fall too. These Açaí Pumpkin Brownie Muffins are unique, easy to make, and absolutely delicious! The star ingredients are pumpkin puree, our Sambazon Original Açaí Juice, almond butter and cacao powder...all of which are sure to bring out mouth-watering fall flavors perfect for any holiday potluck or picnic. Add in some classic baking ingredients like almond flour and you have yourself a recipe!
Grab your best baking buddy and follow along below to make these goodies in your own home:
Açaì Pumpkin Brownie Muffins
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Ready In: 45 Minutes | Yield: 12 Muffins
¾ Cup Pumpkin Puree
½ Cup Almond Butter
½ Cup Sambazon Original Açaí Juice
¼ Cup Maple Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
¾ Cup Almond Flour
½ Cup Cacao Powder
1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
1 Tsp Baking Powder
¼ Tsp Salt
½ Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
1. To make a flax egg, combine 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and mix. Set aside for a few minutes to thicken.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin puree, almond butter, Sambazon Original Açaí Juice, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
3. Add the almond flour, cacao powder, flax egg, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Evenly divide the brownie batter among 12 muffin cups that have been lightly coated with cooking spray. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until the top of the muffins spring back when touched.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
We can’t wait to see you recreate these Açaí Pumpkin Brownie Muffins yourself. Don’t forget to share your own photos and tag @sambazon and @fitlivingeats so we can see! And, comment below with any feedback or new, fun fall recipe ideas. The more the merrier!